Frequently Asked Questions

Choosing a CPA Firm is a big deal. We made a list of frequently asked questions (and answers) to help you decide if we are the right firm for you.

We are located in the greater Fort Worth area, but we are a paperless, virtual CPA firm that can provide services to clients all across the country. We do not currently have a brick-and-mortar location and in-person meetings are conducted on a limited basis at this point in time.

While there are plenty of preparers out there, we recommend engaging either a Certified Public Accountant (CPA) or Enrolled Agent (EA) for your tax matters. Those two groups of preparers are subject to special IRS rules found in Circular 230. In addition to those Circular 230 rules, CPAs also have a mandatory amount of continuing education and are subject to the State Board of Accountancy’s rules of conduct.

Yes, there are certain engagements we do not do. We do not work on:

  • Not for profit entities
  • Manufacturing businesses
  • Wholesaler businesses
  • Publicly traded companies
  • Attestation or assurance engagements
  • We also do not offer A/P or A/R services (sometimes referred to “bill pay”) at this point in time
  • We do not offer entity formation services

We are more than happy to reach out to our network of professionals to help you find someone qualified to perform work in these areas.

We are currently developing a standardized menu pricing system, along with tiered service offerings to provide our clients with the option to pick the best tier/pricing for their situation.

 We use QuickBooks Online for all of our accounting and bookkeeping services, and we use ADP or QuickBooks for all of our payroll services.

If you need a copy of a prior year’s return that we prepared and you are no longer a client of our Firm, please send us an email at and we will be happy to help you.

For recurring accounting and bookkeeping work, we will process your ACH payment on the 1st of each month, for that month’s work at a previously agreed upon price. For tax services, the price is outlined in the engagement letter and will be due before we file any tax returns for you. For advisory services, the billing method and timeline will be outlined in the engagement letter.

In addition to being a good business practice, our E&O insurance carrier requires us to use engagement letters. Engagement letters, while lengthy, clearly spell out each party’s responsibilities as well as the scope of the work we will perform. Engagement letters also detail resolutions should a dispute arise during the engagement. It is important that clients read and understand everything in the engagement letter so there is no confusion or misunderstanding during the engagement.

Larson CPA is not a law firm, and we (as well as our insurance carrier) believe that filling out legal paperwork and filing this with the Secretary of State constitutes the practice of law. As a registered and licensed CPA firm, we can only advise you on the tax impact of each type of business structure.

We recognize that this is an important part of starting a small businesses. For a D-I-Y solution, we recommend a service called Bizee ( We also have a large professional network of attorneys that are able to advise clients on this area of law.